This Friday, April 22, meeting of the Prime Ministers’ Council of the Baltic Council of Ministers (BCM) is set to take place at the Cabinet of Ministers of Latvia. Prime Minister of Latvia Krišjānis Kariņš will welcome the Prime Minister of Estonia Kaja Kallas and the Prime Minister of Lithuania Ingrida Šimonytė.
The Baltic Prime Ministers are planning to discuss joint efforts strengthening defence of the Baltics after Russia’s attack on Ukraine. The support of the Baltic States to Ukraine will be discussed alongside addressing energy security in the Baltic region as energy dependency on Russia’s fossil resources is being decreased.
The Baltic Council of Ministers (BCM), established on 13 June 1994, is an institution for governmental co-operation between Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. The Baltic Council of Ministers is charged with ensuring the continuity of co-operation at the executive level of the states. The presidency of the Baltic Council of Ministers is rotated annually among the Baltic States. In 2022, Latvia holds the presidency of the Baltic Council of Ministers and this meeting will be the first of this year.
Important information for media representatives!
To attend media opportunities, media are required to obtain special accreditation for each media representative.
The accreditation form needs to be filled and submitted until 5PM on April 20, 2022. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be processed.
Accredited media representatives participating in in-person media opportunities are required to respect business attire etiquette.
Media opportunities in the Cabinet of Ministers on April 22:
- 9.30AM Joint photo of the Prime Minister Krišjānis Kariņš, Prime Minister Kaja Kallas and Prime Minister Ingrida Šimonytė (Photo and video opportunity
- Media arrival: until 09.05 AM
- Cabinet of Ministers, Ground floor foyer, 36 Brīvības boulevard
- 11.10AM Beginning of the meeting between Prime Minister Krišjānis Kariņš, Prime Minister Kaja Kallas and Prime Minister Ingrida Šimonytė (Photo and video opportunity)
- Media arrival: until 10.45 AM
- Cabinet of Ministers, Green Hall, 2nd floor, 36 Brīvības boulevard
- 12.30PM Joint press conference of the Prime Minister Krišjānis Kariņš, Prime Minister Kaja Kallas and Prime Minister Ingrida Šimonytė
- Participation in the press conference (including the Q&A section) is possible in person or online on platform Zoom for accredited media representatives
- Translation through Zoom is possible in the Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian language
- Media arrival: until 12.10 PM
- Media joins platform Zoom: until 11.30 PM
- Cabinet of Ministers, Press Conference Hall, 36 Brīvības boulevard